Another First for Logan

I took the kids to the dentist today. It was Becki's second visit in the last 6 months. She has a rotten tooth that they tried to take out the last time we were there. She made such a big fuss about it that they decided to leave it in there and told me to come back in a couple of months. While I decided it was time to get another look at Becki's bad tooth, I figured it would be a good time to get Logan his first dental check-up.

I showed up 15 minutes before appointment time to anticipate filling out forms for Logan. I filled them out and turned them in at 11:00am on the dot - just in time for the appointments. They called us into the room at about 11:05. I thought - good, they are keeping their appointments, unlike other offices.

We had a consultation with a nurse, which was very brief, and the nurse set up supplies for the dentist to work with. Becki was supposed to go first so that they could work on her tooth then Logan would get his teeth checked out and cleaned.

We ended up waiting two hours. I was not a happy camper. After the first hour, the nurse started to give me dirty looks. This dental office did not have offices that were closed in but were separated by walls (and no doors). The nurse was giving me looks because Logan was being rowdy. I told him "How do you expect me to keep a 3 year old still for over an hour in a small room?" At this point, I was fed up with the office and didn't care if Logan ran around naked.
After the first hour, I spent another 30 minutes of dealing with Logan and trying to shush him (I gave up after that) and the last 30 minutes just sitting there playing with my phone. I was pretty peeved.

Finally, the dentist came in only to tell me that the dentist who can work on Becki's tooth isn't here today and I have to reschedule her appointment. Boy, was I mad. However, they told me that they can work on Logan... give him his first check-up and clean his teeth.

I was nervous for him, but he did exceptionally well!!! He was scared at first, I could see, but once I told him that it was ok and touched his leg, he calmed down and let the dentist start working. I was so proud of him - so I took a picture!

0 comments:

Post a Comment